[TxMt] Typeset & View branch merged back to the mainline

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Sat Aug 4 16:11:24 UTC 2007

--
Brad Miller
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Luther College

On 8/4/07, Oliver Hagmann <lists at interdisco.net> wrote:

> On 04.08.2007, at 05:40, Brad Miller wrote:
>
> > Please let me know asap if you find anything wrong with this version.
>
> I just updated to the new version. Very nice, thank you! I don't know
> why but it seems like typesetting a document runs much faster ;-)

Unfortunately, I noticed two other things:

> - PDFsyncing: When using "Show in PDFViewer", TextMate hangs for
> about 10 seconds and then shows me the document in Skim, but not on
> the correct page. During these 10 seconds CPU use goes up to around
> 25%. I'm using \include{somesection} in a master document. pdfsync
> also seems not to work with "Typeset and View". It used to work with
> the old version. Syncing back from Skim to TM works flawlessly, even
> with includes.

Oliver,  pdfsync is working just fine for me, even in files that are
included as you indicated above.  Do you have a \usepackage{pdfsync} in your
document?  If so, can you tell me how and where it is included.  If I don't
detect that you have that package included then I don't even try to go to
the right place in your pdf.

- When using one of the (new?) "Cross reference a..." commands, it
> automatically inserts 'section', 'table', 'page' or 'listing' in
> english into the document. Since not everybody writes in english,
> this is kind of annoying. Please insert at least a tab stop with the
> corresponding word selected, so one can write it in one's own language.

That is easy to fix.

Btw: which of the old shell variables do I still need, now that some
> things are handled over the preferences dialog (why is the latex-pref
> window resizable btw?)?

Because I don't really know what I'm doing with interface builder.  But I
would guess that now that you have pointed it out I can find the appropriate
check box.

The new command will still respect TM_LATEX_MASTER environment variable.
But that will be overridden if you use a %!TEX root = master   directive in
your file.

Again many thanks for all your work on the Latex Bundle!
> Oliver

You are welcome.

Brad