[TxMt] Some Beginner Queries

Tobias Jung newsgr at tobiasjung.net
Sat Aug 4 12:51:16 UTC 2007

At 14:00 Uhr +0200 04.08.2007, Liehann Loots wrote:
>  Perhaps my initial description wasn't clear enough.
>
>  Say my code is:
>  def foo
>    puts 'hello world'<caret>
>  end
>
>  If I press Ctrl-A or Command-Left Arrow I end up with:
>  def foo
>  <caret>  puts 'hello world'
>  end
>
>  What I'm looking for is:
>  def foo
>    <caret>puts 'hello world'
>  end

In fact, this is one of the precious few things I knew in my former
text editor (called Pepper) that I still miss in TextMate. Pepper had
an optional "two-stage jump to start of line": Pressing Command-Left
Arrow for the first time would move the caret to the position before
the first non-whitespace character of the line, pressing Command-Left
Arrow again jumped to the first column of the line.

I'd really like that in TextMate, too -- maybe that's something for TM 2?

Kind regards,
Tobias