[TxMt] Some Beginner Queries

Liehann Loots liehann at iafrica.com
Sat Aug 4 11:31:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm new to TextMate and have been struggling with a few things. I'm having
trouble finding answers on Google etc. and was hoping someone in the forum
could help.

1. How to insert a new line above the caret position and move to the start
of the new line (in the correct indentation level). Something like Shift-O
in vim.

2. How to move to the start of the text on a line. So something like Ctrl-A
then Ctrl-LeftArrow

3. I also have a question regarding TextMate's auto-indentation model. Say I
have the following ruby snippet:

def foo
  puts 'hello world'
<caret>
end

Note the caret is not indented correctly. If I press enter the next line
also starts against the margin. Is there a way to have TextMate always put
the caret in the correct indentation position when starting a new line?
Correct being whatever TextMate thinks is the correct position.

Regards,
Liehann