[TxMt] Do we really need a Color/Font Picker?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Aug 3 00:51:33 UTC 2007

On 2. Aug 2007, at 10:31, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

>> The solution is to specify a value transformer for the binding,
>> which should be: OakStringToColorTransformer
>> We do that in TODO’s Preferences.nib.
> Yes, I saw it but I have two tiny things to mention:
> 1) The transformer converts a NSColor "only" to a String à la
> "#RRGGBB". If this is enough for the color picker's output, fine.

You mean not supporting the full range of color spaces provided by
NSColor?

It is true that this is a lossy (at least irreversible) conversion
into the RGB space, for colors specified in some other space. But in
practice, the receiver of this color would unlikely be able to handle
colors other than RGB colors.