[TxMt] LaTeX getting started?

Mark Eli Kalderon eli at markelikalderon.com
Thu Aug 2 16:36:32 UTC 2007

On Aug 2 2007, at 16:05, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) wrote:

> Howdy.
> Since TextMate seems to be like 80% LaTeX users. I feel a burning
> need to use latex.
> Can one of you LaTeX gurus condescend to learn me what's up?
> Maybe a few links to how to get started with latex and latex in
> textmate specifically.
>
> Do you have to be a nerd to be able to use it?

As Brad mentioned, lshort is really useful. I read that and produced
my first LaTeX document in an afternoon.

For TM's LaTeX bundle, be sure to watch Haris' screencasts available
on his blog:

http://skiadas.dcostanet.net/afterthought/category/mathematics/latex/

There's a bit of an initial learning curve, but think about it, would
you rather write your documents in TextMate or Word (shudder)? ;)

Good luck and happy TeXing!

Best, Mark