[TxMt] Compiling Latex with TextMate ???

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Wed Aug 1 22:55:14 UTC 2007

Flo,

You may just want to use latexmk as your latex compiler in textmate.  It is
smart enough to run bibtex and makeindex and latex as many times as
necessary to get your document into shape.

If you are using the standard off the shelf TextMate you will want to set
the environment variable TM_LATEX_COMPILER=latexmk

If you are using the new branch in the subversion repository then you can
just go to the preferences panel and check the latexmk.pl box.

Brad

On 8/1/07, Flo <monkey2q at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've just seen a sample somewhere, containg this code in the
> beginning of the tex-document:
>
> % COMPILING:
> % pdflatex test
> % makeindex -s test.ist -t test.glg -o test.gls test.glo
> % pdflatex test
> % pdflatex test
>
> Is this the way to tell Textmate how to compile?
> And could I have a more generalized form, lets say one that fits
> every time?
>
> Thanks...

Brad Miller
Assistant Professor, Computer Science