[TxMt] Re: Missing Column Info and Printing Question

Dushan Mitrovich dushanm at spinn.net
Wed Aug 1 17:41:48 UTC 2007

Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 30. Jul 2007, at 22:26, Dushan Mitrovich wrote:
>
>>> Where do you see the `-`? The `-` in the lower right side is a symbol
>>> list. The column is just next to the `Line: xx` on the lower left. If
>>> you open a new document, you should see "Line:  1 Column:  1"
>>> (assuming you open a new document wihtout any templates.
>> What I see is this:  "Line:  1  Column:  _", followed by a pale
>> vertical bar, followed by a pale colored disk with the white letter "L".
>
> And this is even when you place the caret in the upper left corner, i.e.
> at column one?

Yes, even then.

   <snip>

> I’ll update the manual. This command is gone. But there is a “Create
> HTML From Document” which you can run, Show Web Preview (Window menu)
> and then print from there.
>
> If you do this a lot, you can go to the bundle editor and change the
> output for the command to Show as HTML and give it a key equivalent.
> Then printing (colored) is just two keys instead of one.

Okay, I'll try that.

BTW, I'd like to thank you and compliment you for the clarity of your
instructions (to someone else, earlier) on how to get the 'End' and
'Home' keys to work as in the non-OSX world.  Since I much prefer the
keyboard to the mouse, these instructions were a treat.  I notice, tho,
that there are still some apps that disregard that, such as in Firefox
and Thunderbird.  I suppose their structure is too different to notice
the key mapping.

- Dushan