[TxMt] Spell checking using Google

Andy Herbert andy.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 19:27:38 UTC 2007

> Hi,
>
> I found a tiny error. Here the corrected utf-8 version of gspell.
>
> BTW In addition to that it is very easy to write out all google
> suggestions delimited by a '|' within the multiple word spell
> checking. With the help of a small command which shows this list as
> pull-menu you can edit each error very handy ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hans

Thanks Hans, before reading your recent replies with the attached
files, I had already started work on UTF-8 version with environment
variable support (I receive the list in digest form, so I'm not
always up to date with the activity here.) I'm not quite sure if my
contribution is any better or worse than yours because I essentially
cannibalised the HTML bundle for encoding and decoding UTF-8 for POST-
ing and GET-ting with Google's servers. As a result my effort relies
on entities.txt existing in the Support directory in the Textmate
bundle (this means that I can no longer supply it as a singular
tmCommand), I genuinely do not know if this is a better method for
handling this sort of thing - perhaps someone on this list could help
clarify.

Incidentally, I think there was an error in the original version
which was inherited by the version you've supplied - the final tab
stop was not being preserved, to correct this remove the line 'text
+= "$0"' and replace 'print $text' with 'print "#{$text}$0"'.

[The GSpell bundle is available here][1]

[1]: http://homepage.mac.com/andy.herbert/.Public/GSpell.tmbundle.zip