[TxMt] Newbie - turn off hyperlink underlining?

J. Simon van der Walt tedthetrumpet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:48:57 UTC 2007

Thanks for replies. Taking them one by one;

> From: Simon Ruderich <simon at ruderich.com>
> Go to the Bundle Editor (Bundle -> Bundle Editor -> Show Bundle Editor)

[snip]

Ok, I found that. I guess I could hack around in there as you suggest.

> From: Robin Houston <robin.houston at gmail.com>
> Or you could just delete the preference item "Style: Underline".

Preference item? Oh, I see where that is. Ok, I changed that to

{    underline = '0'; }

which seems to work, and means I can turn it back on if I want it.

> From: Jacob Rus <jacobolus at gmail.com>
> Or you could even add a "- text.plain" to the underline style.

What would be the syntax for that, exactly?

> The real question here is *why* do you want "completely plain vanilla
> typing".

I'm no kind of programmer, although I do hack around with html, which is one
of the things I want TxMt for. The thing I use plain text for more is when I
am writing and organising my ideas; I like to get just the words down, I
find if I try to write in a word processor I get immediately distracted by
formatting issues and don't get my thoughts out.

> Do you also not want to be able to invoke links by pressing ?
> on them?

Nah.

> Do you not want plain text to have scopes for paragraphs which
> you can use reformatting commands on, etc?

I'll have to look at some of the tutorials; I only have a vague idea what
you might mean here. What's that got to do with underlining links?

> Or is this just a visual style issue?

Pretty much - like, I've read 'The Mac is Not a Typewriter' and I know that
underlining, er, what's the technical term again... sucks!

--
J. Simon van der Walt    -----     Composer
<http://www.jsimonvanderwalt.com>