[TxMt] "Save As" Renaming Bug - any hope for the future?

Chip Cullen chip.cullen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 23:51:58 UTC 2007

Robin, Simon et al -

Thank you all so much! That does it! I still have to do the Cmd-Tab
trick for the new file to show up in the project drawer, but I can
live with that until TM2. October can't come fast enough!

Jacob - different strokes I guess. For the average user, in my
opinion, forums/bulletin boards are much more intuitive. They're
easier to browse (if you're not quite sure how to word your problem) -
and you don't have to go through the process of setting up a 3rd party
piece of software to use them with any ease. In well run forums,
topics are grouped by general subject, not just in one huge archive
(again, easier for browsing). Also, when you search for something, and
click on a hit, you get to see the whole thread at once, rather than
having to go through message by message (as you do with the mailing
list archives on Gmane). I agree, many forums out there are extremely
garish in terms of design, but that can easily be remedied by the
admin tweaking the style sheet. I guess I've also gotten used to
searching for answers on forums and am having a difficult time getting
used to a mailing list. The last time I was on a mailing list was the
late 1990's. But hey, the people are great!

Brooks - thank you for pointing me to that! It definitely is more what
I'm used to looking through! It seems to be at least current, but as
you say, I'm not sure how far back it goes.