[TxMt] "Save As" Renaming Bug - any hope for the future?

Chip Cullen chip.cullen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 14:19:25 UTC 2007

Andy,

I did what you suggested, and it's starting to work - sort of. I
created a new project, and added the folder, rather than the contained
documents. When I did a Save As the same renaming problem happens, but
now the Cmd-Tab to another app and back trick works! So, thank you
very much for that!!

So, now to complicate matters: it gets really weird when you save
files inside other directories in your project. I have a file open,
and I go to "Save As..." and save the document within a folder that is
listed in the project, and the rename bug still happens. Also, the
'new' document doesn't appear in the folder in which it was saved.
However, when I Cmd-tab to a different app, and come back - the 'new'
file appears in the right place. However, the 'old' document is STILL
renamed with the 'new' filename. And when you go to open that 'old'
document (with the 'new' name), it only opens the 'new' file, and you
simply can't open the old one!

Strange...