[TxMt] Flex 2 Bundle

Joshua Scott Emmons skia at skia.net
Thu Apr 26 03:21:56 UTC 2007

Looking over the grammar of the Flex2 bundle, I think there is room
for a little more specificity. The grammar I've attached deals with
the <mx:Script> tag problem brought up by Dave and also adds scopes
for little things like

punctuation.definition.tag.xml.mxml,
meta.scope.between-tag-pair.xml.mxml,
entity.name.tag.namespace.xml.mxml,
punctuation.separator.namespace.xml.mxml,
entity.name.tag.localname.xml.mxml,
punctuation.definition.tag.xml.mxml,
etc.

I'm not sure what all those do, but they're probably important to
someone.

Inside a Script block, this assigns a scope of
source.actionscript3.embedded.mxml and passes parsing on to
source.actionscript3. Inside a Style block it assigns a scope of
source.css.embedded.mxml and passes parsing to source.css.

Please also note that the bases for this grammar is text.xml.mxml
instead of source.mxml. It seems to me that, being XML, MXML is more
properly text than source. But again, that's just one guy's opinion.
If you all think it should be source, that's easy to change with a
search-and-replace ;-)

I think a text file with the grammar is easier to grok than diffing
MXML.tmLanguage plist. But if the diff works better, I can provide
that also.