[TxMt] tm_dialog and really long plists

Brett Terpstra brett at circlesixdesign.com
Thu Apr 26 02:20:23 UTC 2007

> Yes, pass the plist as stdin instead of via -p, then you also do
> not need to shell escape it.
>
> So from Ruby, with ‘params’ being a ruby hash:
>
>     open("|\"$DIALOG\" -t#{token}", "w") { |io| io <<
> params.to_plist }

OK.  Making sense so far, but how is the window token defined, and is
it necessary when using a custom nib?  I tried using:

plist = { 'photosets' => setarray }.to_plist
res = open("|\"$DIALOG\" -m select_photoset", "w") { |io| io << plist }

and got back what looked like a perfect xml response but with this at
the end:

Received exception:undefined method

The problem seems to be in how I'm calling tm_dialog, so I'm hoping
it's an obvious solution…

Thanks,
Brett