[TxMt] More issues with LaTeX syntax highlighting

Hendrik Fuß hendrik.fuss at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 10:00:40 UTC 2007

A while ago there was a post about LaTeX syntax highlighting in the case of

    \newcolumntype{R}{>{$}r<{$}}

where the math mode highlighting would leak outside the brackets.
Apparently this is now highlighted correctly in the stable version of
TextMate. Quoting from the original thread:

>> Should more complicated examples ever arise, I guess I can just put
>> the problematic lines into a separate file and use \input.
>>
> Or just let us know, and we'll try to fix it ;)
>
> Haris

Well, if you're asking for it, Haris, I'm frequently using constructs
like this one:

    \newcolumntype{q}{>{$\rm}l<{$}}

which, unfortunately breaks the highlighting. My current workaround is this:

    \newcommand{\eat}[1]{}
    \newcolumntype{q}{>{$\rm\eat$}l<{$}}

But then again, this breaks syntax highlighting for another editor,
which I'm using on a Linux system.

Any ideas?

cheers
Hendrik