[TxMt] Re: TM Find Dialog Enhancement (?)

Jacob Rus jacobolus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 19:19:35 UTC 2007

Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:
>> The problem is that the current Find function doesn't select only the
>> content of the regexp group '(.*?)', it also highlight the commas and
>> brackets.
> To write such lookahead/lookbehind regexp could be a bit tricky ;)

Why?  You just want word characters?  Then you can do:

     \b\w+\b

And you should get the next word.  Anyway, if the commas and brackets
are in a lookahead or lookbehind they won't be matched.  So they won't
be "highlighted" by the find function either.  And if you have many
things you *don't* want matched you can always make a negative
lookahead/behind.  I'm really not sure what the problem is.

I suggest you find a tutorial or help document about regular
expressions.  It should help explain the possibilities.  One that I
liked was the “Python Regular Expression Howto” (google it).  They are
very powerful, and you should be able to do what you want with them.

-Jacob