[TxMt] error messages

charles snyder clsnyder at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 18:02:03 UTC 2007

Yes - It was suggested :

"Try going into TM's preferences, over to the Advanced section, and
setting a variable called TM_RUBY to /opt/bin/ruby (double-check me
on the location though).

Hope that helps.
James Edward Gray II"

And the result was:

"Actually, I had already tried the "TM_RUBY" trick - tried it again
with each of these (one at a time)

1.  /opt/local/bin/ruby

2. /usr/bin/ruby

3. /usr/local/bin/

This is the same error message for all three:
/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/lib/
web_preview.rb:70:in `html_head': undefined method `+' for
nil:NilClass (NoMethodError) from /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/
SharedSupport/Support/lib/scriptmate.rb:186:in `emit_header' from /
Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/lib/
scriptmate.rb:91:in `emit_html' from /Applications/TextMate.app/
Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/Support/RubyMate/
run_script.rb:72"

I know you can set the $PATH variable in several places (.profile, .bashrc).
Where is the 'definitive' place to reset it and is the order of precedence
left to right by colon delimiters, where it stops looking when it finds the
file?