[TxMt] get character count in current doc or selection?

Brooks Seymore bseymore at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 18:34:55 UTC 2007

The number of bytes in your document is a pretty close approximation
to how many characters are in your document. The string 12345678910
is eleven bytes, but when you hit return a new line character is
created so your document would then have twelve bytes. Accented
characters, such as é count as two bytes. This probably all goes out
the window when one gets to Japanese and any other non-Roman language.

B.