[TxMt] Re: Insert hard wraps

Steve King steve at narbat.com
Mon Apr 16 13:33:58 UTC 2007

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, Robert W. Kuhn wrote:

> Allan Odgaard:
>
>> On 13. Apr 2007, at 08:34, Robert W. Kuhn wrote:
>>
>>> is there any script to insert hard breaks where TM makes a soft wrap?
>>
>> Text → Reformat Paragraph.
>>
>> Or you can pipe the paragraph through: fold -sw$TM_COLUMNS

A related question: Is there a way to get TextMate to do this
automatically?  That is, whenever a soft wrap would occur when I'm typing,
insert a newline instead of just wrapping the display?  Yeah, I can do it
manually, but for any document more than about five paragraphs I'll forget
at least once.  I can't just pipe the whole doc to an external fold
command because often I have tables or other markup that I don't want
reformatted.

--
Steve King, <steve at narbat.com>