[TxMt] Re: Latex latex_config.plist

Olivier Vert olivier.vert at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 15 14:57:45 UTC 2007

Charilaos Skiadas <skiadas at ...> writes:

> On Nov 21, 2006, at 8:15 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:
>
> It is in section 5.1.1 of the LaTeX bundle help. It is the file that
> allows you to customize the shortcuts and behavior of the commands
> "Insert Command Based On Current Word" and "Insert Environment Based
> On Current Word".
>
> similarly in the environments section you can do something similar.
> Then you have sections like these:
>
> environments = {
> 		itemize = {
> 			triggers = ( 'it', 'item', 'itemize');
> 			content = "\t\\item $0";
> 		};
> 		enumerate = {
> 			triggers = ( 'en', 'enum', 'enumerate');
> 			content = "\t\\item $0";
> 		};
>
> The "itemize" part reads as follows:
>
> 1) The environment name is going to be itemize. So this will be
> inserting: \begin{itemize}...\end{itemize}
> 2) It will be triggerd by either "it", or "item" or "itemize".  (You
> could for instance add 'i" as a trigger)
> 3) Between the lines containing the \begin{itemize} and \end
> {itemize}, the text indicated by "content" will be inserted,
> interpreted as a snippet. (If present, this should contain $0
> somewhere, to indicate where you want the caret to end up).
>
> Hope this helps a bit.
>
> Haris

Hi.

About that, how is it possible to include environments such as "equation*" or
"eqnarray*" in the list? It seems that the '*' character perturbs the command!

Thanks,

Olivier.

PS : speaking of the (common) latex.config file, it seems to me that there are
two small misprints in the symbol list: "grtsim" should be "gtrsim", and
"rtimew" should be "rtimes" (and by the way, I do not know "\Chi" and "\Digamma"
(with capital), but perhaps I do not use the correct package!) But maybe have I
an old version?