[TxMt] LaTeX with TL2007

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Apr 12 12:46:56 UTC 2007

Hi Alain,

On Apr 12, 2007, at 6:23 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Hello:)
>
> First, actually I work with TexMate and gwtex  based on TL 2007 but
> I need for my work
>  at school a portable PC (with Ubuntu )
>
> With Ubuntu, I installed (by hand) TL2007, because Debian and
> Ubuntu works only in "experimental" with
>  TL 2005.
>
> I would like to have the same distibution on  OS X and Ubuntu, The
> only solution is to install TL2007 on the MAC
> but i would like  to know if they are some difficulties :
>
> With linux i've texmf in /$HOME and texlive in /usr/local/texlive
> with now 2007/ and texmf-local/
>
> I think there is no problem to work with TextMate and TL2007 but
> can you confirm that !

Not having installed TL2007 I can't really confirm it, but if you
install via the MacTeX packages there should definitely not be a
problem. If you install in some other way, you would have to set a
symbolic link from /usr/texbin to wherever the TL2007 executables are
(in particular, the executable kpsewhich).

> Actually with gwtex, i have a problem with  "documentation for
> package", perhaps i need to make some adaptations for this with TL2007

My TeX installation actually doesn't have the package documentation
at all with it, so I can't even test the command at all. Brad Miller
is more familiar with that command, perhaps he can answer the question.

I remember seeing in the mactex mailing list though, that there were
some problems with the documentation links in TL2007, so that the
"texdoc" command wouldn't work properly.

> Greetings Alain Matthes

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College