[TxMt] Command-backtick not working?!?!

Michael Larocque mlarocque at prolumina.com
Wed Apr 11 21:34:53 UTC 2007

On 2007-Apr-11, at 15:20 , Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On Apr 11, 2007, at 4:40 PM, Michael Larocque wrote:
>> On 2007-Apr-11, at 10:34 , Michael Larocque wrote:
>>>
>>> This is getting really weird. It is no longer a problem. Here's
>>> what I've done since yesterday:
>>>
>>> My TextMate project files and some of the projects are on an 2GB
>>> encrypted disk image. As part of some 'housekeeping' duties, I
>>> wanted more space on the disk image, so I created a new 4GB disk
>>> image and copied all of the files over to the new disk image.
>>> Upon opening up a couple of the projects in their new location,
>>> command-` now seems to work. Bizarre.
>>
>> Weirder and weirder. A few hours later and the behaviour is back!
>> And I haven't changed anything system or application-wise. And
>> it's  only happening with TextMate. Does anyone have any ideas
>> about debugging this? Is there some utility that will allow you
>> watch key presses and follow their path through the system?
>
> What if you just open 5 new untitled windows and have no projects
> open? Can you still not toggle among them with cmd-backtick?

Thanks Haris. I think I've solved the problem. Of course, I thought
the issue was gone earlier today, so...

I have Menu Master installed, and I just added TextMate to the its
exclude list. That seems to have fixed it. However, I have MM
installed on my G5 and TM isn't in the exclude list, and I don't see
the problem on that system. As well, this issue only arose on my
MacBook Pro within the last week or so. So there could be some other
subtle issues.

Carpe viam,
Mike

Michael Larocque