[TxMt] Command-backtick not working?!?!

Victor Maurice Faubert vicmf at concentric.net
Wed Apr 11 13:11:55 UTC 2007

At 12:00 +0000 2007-04-11, textmate-request at lists.macromates.com wrote:
>From: Charilaos Skiadas <skiadas at hanover.edu>
>To: TextMate users <textmate at lists.macromates.com>
>Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:49:19 -0400
>Subject: Re: [TxMt] Command-backtick not working?!?!
>Message: 15
>

>On Apr 10, 2007, at 11:51 AM, Michael Larocque wrote:
>
>>Hi folks,
>>
>>I have a weird TextMate problem on my MacBook Pro. (My other
>>systems don't exhibit this behaviour)  On this system, when I
>>command-` to switch windows in TextMate, it 'beeps' at me and
>>doesn't switch windows. All other apps (iTerm, Safari, Mail, etc)
>>work as per usual. Probably the only 'customization' that I've done
>>is that I keep svn up'ed in /Library/Application Support/TextMate.
>>I'm really at a loss as how to debug this.  Any ideas greatly
>>appreciated.
>>
>I would bet that somehow by accident cmd-` has been bound to some
>bundle item. Press ctrl-cmd-T, then click on the magnifying glass
>and set it to "key equivalent", and press cmd-`, and if it shows any
>items in the list then those are your culprits.
>>Carpe viam,
>>Mike
>>
>>Michael Larocque
>>Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
>>Prolumina Communications Inc.
>>http://prolumina.com/~mlarocque/
>>

>Haris Skiadas
>Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
>Hanover College

I can confirm this behaviour as well.  In my case, it's an old
   Machine Name:	Power Mac G4 (AGP graphics)
   Machine Model:	PowerMac3,1
   CPU Type:	PowerPC G4  (2.9)
running Mac OS X 10.4.9.  The list shown is empty,
yet I get a beep and no window switch.

However, looking at Keyboard Shortcuts in System Preferences
shows I had Keyboard Navigation unchecked; checking it makes
it work correctly.  Perhaps this is Michael's problem?
--
						Vic