[TxMt] Re: "can't find ruby" error during svn commits

Stan Kaufman skaufman at epimetrics.com
Tue Apr 10 03:23:13 UTC 2007

Stan Kaufman wrote:
> While trying to do a svn commit from within TextMate, I get this error:
>
> ===
> Couldn't find /usr/local/bin
>
> We need Ruby to proceed.
>
> Locations searched:
>
> I'm guessing that this is a configuration problem, but I can't figure
> out what I've got set wrong.

Solved my own problem -- and it was a dumb config error. In
Preferences->Advanced->Shell Variables, TM_RUBY wasn't correct for my
installation. It was /usr/local/bin -- should be /usr/local/bin/ruby.
With that fix, svn commits (and other svn functions) now work correctly.

I'm guessing that one of the updates changed this shell variable, as
previously svn was working fine within TM. Hope this saves someone the
same puzzle anyway...