[TxMt] command lagging machine

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Apr 9 07:08:43 UTC 2007

On 9. Apr 2007, at 06:42, Bob Henkel wrote:

> [...] The test case I used was to execute the command on a query
> that returns about 140,000 rows with about 4 columns of data so
> pretty skinny data overall relative to typical database data.

Sure, but not skinny compared to what you typical *return* from a
database query (and show in a web browser, which the HTML output mode
basically is).

> Is there any way to make TextMate not consume the machine during
> the executing of this command.

Since this is a problem with the HTML output window, i.e. WebKit, you
could write a custom view (i.e. nib) for displaying the output. But
even an NSTableView becomes sluggish with 140,000 rows (although it
doesn’t cause swapping).

> Maybe only show X amount of row instead of all the data?

Like adding “LIMIT x” to your query? Yes, you could also do that ;)