[TxMt] Announcing LaTeX Watch 2.0, with PDF support

Robin Houston robin.houston at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:44:31 UTC 2007

On 4/5/07, Charilaos Skiadas <skiadas at hanover.edu> wrote:

> I think we already have TM_LATEX_COMPILER that should be doing
> exactly this, I think. Though perhaps I'm wrong, right now there's
> too many words flying around ;)

It's not the same thing, unfortunately. TM_LATEX_COMPILER is literally the
program that's invoked to do the compilation. For example, you can set it to
the full path to your latex executable, or you can set it to latexmk, and so
on. This currently over-rides *all* other configuration. It isn't great, but
that's how it is.

Attached is a patch to the Typeset & View command which makes it use
TM_LATEX_PROGRAM as I suggested, and here:

  http://www.puffinry.demon.co.uk/LaTeX%20Watch%202.1.dmg

is Watch 2.1, which adds support for PDFView, and uses the variables
TM_LATEX_PROGRAM and TM_LATEX_VIEWER to decide how to behave.

Robin