[TxMt] Typeset & View (PDF)

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Wed Apr 4 06:23:09 UTC 2007

Le 4 avr. 07 à 07:04, Charilaos Skiadas a écrit :

> What I am saying is that if you have towards the top of your file
> the line:
>  %!TEX TS-program = latex
> then TextMate will use latex+dvi+ps+ps2pdf instead of pdflatex. Is
> this not what you were asking?

ok like TeXshop but .... but  now the problem is if the user ptu
something on the first line for personnal use, ecause I suppose that
%!TEX TS-program = latex  must be on the first line.
But  this is a solution

> As for the dvi2ps vs dvitops issue, is there anyone not using
> dvi2ps? If so, what are the reasons?

Sorry i make a mistake with the names :
  the steps are : latex --> dvips ---> ps2pdf or pstopdf

The distillers are  pstopdf and ps2pdf not dvitopdf ????

For example, Preview.app  invokes it(pstopdf ) indifferently when
opening PS and EPS files.

In fact, you are three  Distillers : epstopdf (teTeX's Distiller but
for eps files) , ps2pdf
(GhostScript's Distiller) and pstopdf (Apple a product from Adobe but
not the real distiller)

And it's more complicated because ps2pdf is a wrapper
t#!/bin/sh
# $Id: ps2pdf13 6300 2005-12-28 19:56:24Z giles $
# Convert PostScript to PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible).
exec ps2pdfwr -dCompatibilityLevel=1.3 "$@"
And if you transparency or opacity you need to change that 1.4 is
needing

Some users prefer apple distiller because Apple uses this tools
(Preview) and if you work with a mac you can think that the tools
are good ( it's not really the truth but ....).
The good distiller is Adobe distiller but it's not free and the
others have defaults. But when something goes wrong with one
distiller you choose the other like in TeXshop..

>> i have some difficulties to insert that with the new script. I'm a
>> really newbie
>> i make this but it's  very brutal :
>>
>> run_tex () {
>> "$TEX" ${TM_LATEX_OPTIONS:=--shell-escape -interaction=nonstopmode
>> -file-line-error-style} "$1"
>> }
>>
>> # Compile.
>> run_tex "$FILE"
>>
>> open -a "$V" temptex.pdf
>> html_footer
>
> So is this not working?

yes this working and if i work with my bash book perhaps i can make a
better one.

> If you want to create temporary files, I would suggest doing so in
> the /tmp directory, instead of the current directory.

yes i know that's the good way but i don't know how to use it ? but i
can study examples

Thanks

Greetings Alain