[TxMt] Multiline TODO

Igor Sutton Lopes igor.sutton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 19:41:01 UTC 2007

Hi Soryu,

On 2007/04/03, at 20:26, Soryu wrote:

> On 03.04.2007, at 12:58, Igor Sutton Lopes wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> There's any quick and dirty hack that allows me to use multiline
>> TODO tags? I checked the code but it is Ruby -and I don't want to
>> learn it right now to just hack it. But maybe writing a perl
>> similar would be nice :-)
>
> I don’t see an easy & universal solution for this because the TODO
> Command works with any kinds of text files.
> If you have an idea for a regular expression that matches your
> multiline TODO you could change the default one
>
> 	/TODO[\s,:]+(\S.*)$/i
>
> to that (in lines 4-7 in the command). I’m not exactly sure if the
> Ruby code in the TODO command works line by line but I think it
> just matches the whole content of each file with the `grep` function.
>
> What languages are you working with mostly?

I'm working with Perl, so that kind of tag would be something like:

# TODO: lskdj slfj slf jslf jslfj slfj slfdj skdfjskdfj slfj
#       slfjf jsf lskj flskjf slkdjf slfj slfkj slfjsf

But, anyways, I can use the tag to show the title and then navigate
to the line and see the whole description.

Thanks :-)

--
Igor Sutton
igor.sutton at gmail.com