[TxMt] [admin] testmate mailing list digests

Victor Maurice Faubert vicmf at concentric.net
Tue Apr 3 18:55:27 UTC 2007

Apologies for using bandwidth on the main mailing list, but my attempt to
contact textmate-owner at lists.macromates.com bounced with a "not allowed
to post" message, though I am subscribed to the list.  The message I sent to
the owner follows:

Hi,
	Is there any way to get a *daily* digest from the textmate-request
list?  I am receiving several e-mails each day, all relatively small sized,
instead of a single digest per day.  Each of these is labelled
"textmate Digest"
and carries a few messages, rarely more than five to seven.  I understand,
when the digest reaches a reasonably large size having it split up, but today,
so far (and the day is only half over here), I have received digests at
0:19+0000	16K	textmate Digest, Vol 31, Issue 14
3:14+0000	20K	textmate Digest, Vol 31, Issue 15
6:41+0000	17K	textmate Digest, Vol 31, Issue 16
12:00+0000	9K	textmate Digest, Vol 31, Issue 17
15:53+0000	15K	textmate Digest, Vol 31, Issue 18
That's a total of 77K in five separate messages; looking back over time, it
seems as if no digest is ever allowed to grow much over 20K (the largest
since I subscribed is 30K and there is only one of those; most are 20K or
below).  That seems way too low for a *digest*.  The digests from the gcc
list, for example, are regularly in the 50-80K range, and are much more
useful in keeping related topics together than the textmate list is.  Thanks
in advance for your response.
--
						Vic