[TxMt] Re: Running an AppleScript

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Mon Apr 2 15:31:35 UTC 2007

On Mar 31, 2007, at 1:47 PM, Jacob Rus wrote:

> Ah, Allan explained that Mail will just pick whichever encoding
> results in the smallest email, so apparently including ≠ will
> result in a Mac Roman encoding, because that saves 1 byte over the
> utf-8 encoded version.

There is a menu item in Mail that might affect this behavior:

     Message → Text Encoding → Unicode (UTF-8)

I haven't done much experimenting to see what it actually does
though. (Is it only for reading or only for sending? Do you have to
set it per-message or is it "sticky"? etc.) But it's there. :)

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>
I didn't "switch" to Apple... my OS did.