[TxMt] XML Indenting

Nicholas Orr nick at goya.com.au
Mon Apr 2 09:07:23 UTC 2007

On 02/04/2007, at 5:46 PM, Ciarán Walsh wrote:

> On 2 Apr 2007, at 07:11, Nicholas Orr wrote:
>
>> <Style>
>> 	<Data>Some text Here.</Data>
>> </Style>
>> <Style>
>> 	<Data>Some text Here.
>> 		Some more text here.</Data>
>> 	</Style>
> That is a somewhat odd way of indenting XML. The normal way is to
> either have everything on one line (as in your first Data tag) or
> have the tags and content on separate lines, like so:
>
> <Style>
>   <Data>Some text Here.</Data>
> </Style>
> <Style>
>   <Data>
>     Some text Here.
>     Some more text here.
>   </Data>
> </Style>
>
> This way it will also be indented properly by TM.

Yes, I realise that.  However that's the data I've got, and it's
generated that way as a fixed entity, so it's not something I can
change right now.

I've put in a bug report that the data should be contained in a CDATA
section, which would hopefully avoid the issue.

In the mean time, the question still stands, is there any way to
adjust TM so that it wraps it for me?

Thanks,
Nick