[TxMt] Re: 10. Re: Move the caret to start of line within a TM snippet? (Allan Odgaard)

Cliff Joyce cliffjoyce at pureblend.com
Mon Apr 2 04:44:07 UTC 2007

>> Hi.  I have the following TM snippet (scope = source.php, tab
>> trigger = eoq):
>>
>> 	<<<EOQ
>> 		${0}
>> 	EOQ;
>>
>> My snippet works fine, except: the trailing EOQ needs to always be
>> placed at the beginning of a line.  Currently, the trailing EOQ
>> winds up at the same indent position as the beginning "<<EOQ".
>>
>> Does someone know of a way to move the caret to the beginning of a
>> line within a snippet? [...]
>>

> You can have it inserted without the snippet being indented to the
> current level, the following trick works for tmSnippet files as
> well: http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2007-March/
> 018523.html

Thanks for the quick reply, Allan (and sorry for my replying
previously without a subject; I am new to the list and this was my
first posting).

I tried it, but I must not be putting the disableOutputAutoIndent key
in the correct place (I tried several).  Below is the contents of my
snippet's plist file.  Where would I place the
disableOutputAutoIndent key code below?

	<key>disableOutputAutoIndent</key>
	<true/>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://
www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>content</key>
	<string><<<EOQ
	${0}
EOQ;
</string>
	<key>name</key>
	<string>EOQ (eoq)</string>
	<key>scope</key>
	<string>source.php</string>
	<key>tabTrigger</key>
	<string>eoq</string>
	<key>uuid</key>
	<string>12260674-90D0-426D-84F4-C4F314216C06</string>
</dict>
</plist>