[TxMt] Saving generated HTML from Markdown

Michael Williams williams at astro.ox.ac.uk
Sun Apr 1 22:28:37 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 08:21:03AM -0400, Lists In at IDC wrote:
> 3) You have to write a document with relatively light formatting to be
> e-mailed and/or posted to a one-off web page during fast and furious
> specification development.  So, it needs to be pasted into an e-mail
> and/or "saved as" a simple file-based web page.  You need to keep the
> Markdown version as that will form the basis of the final version but
> it's much too cumbersome to edit and format in Word at this stage (or
> any stage, but that's another discussion).

This is my own normal use of Markdown, and I like the idea of adding
"Save HTML to new location" to the default Markdown bundle. In this
usage case, the HTML is like the PDF compiled from LaTeX source; the PDF
is for public consumption, but you need the LaTeX to continue to change
the document.

-- Mike