[TxMt] Re: question: how to insert a

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Sep 26 15:28:17 UTC 2006

On 26/9/2006, at 16:44, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

>> Use \\ for one backslash in JavaScript strings.
> I am not that blind, I tried \eqref, \\eqref, \\\eqref,
> \\\\eqref... up to six (!) but the backslash is not
> inserted: only "eqref" or nothing at all, depending
> on the number of slashes.
> I'll try again since the word of the master is beyond doubt, but...

Yeah, you would actually need 4 or 8 here. 2 for the actual
AppleScript string, but this is inside a JavaScript string, so both
needs escaping (so total is now 4) -- depending on how you produce
the JavaScript, you may need to again escape each, making it now 8.
This would be the case if you use e.g. echo with a double-quoted
string. In single-quoted strings or here-docs you would not need to
escape \.