[TxMt] Java syntax highlighting bug?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Sep 20 06:57:43 UTC 2006

On 20/9/2006, at 3:55, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> I am using TextMate 1.5.3 and the latest bundles checked out from
> the repository. When I open bubbleSort.java [1] in TextMate, some
> of the comments are highlighted as comments; some aren't. Bug?

Yeah, definitely an oversight in the language grammar for Java. It
has a special rule for methods to list the names in the function pop-
up which does not expect the comments.

> Also, when I select all text in the file then do Text > Indent
> Selection, the file isn't properly indented. (Note especially the
> last few lines of the file.) Is this a bug, or does the command
> simply not handle inter-method Java indentation?

Seems the indentation patterns for Java do not expect comments after
‘}’ (either), so those lines do not decrease the indent.