[TxMt] MultiMarkdown Preview

Soryu Soryu at serenity.de
Tue Sep 19 17:59:27 UTC 2006

> Is anyone using the Generate Preview and Open in Browser? I suspect
> it was initially created to mimic the similar command for Markdown,
> which I have since removed.
>
> If there is no good use-case for this command, I would like to
> remove it.
>
> We can improve the current preview to a) spot if format is
> complete, and b) add a CSS header to its meta data when previewing
> inside TextMate.

I use that command. The file is saved in the current directory
instead of some temp location so that included Stylesheets and Images
can be referenced using a relative path. If we can make the Preview
smart enough then we don't really need that command anymore, I guess.

I'll give it some thoughts.

> Why not prepend the MultiMarkdown document with the appropriate
> stylesheet metadata before processing the output?

That would mean to alter the MultiMarkdown Script or at least the
XSLT used. I wouldn't want to touch/alter this as we then cannot
easily update it. Maybe we can inject the Stylesheet in the generated
XHTML document. But that also gives a different output from what
plain MultiMarkdown produces, so I'm not sure about it.

Soryu.