[TxMt] Latex bundle problem

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Tue Sep 19 17:10:35 UTC 2006

HI Christopher,
On Sep 19, 2006, at 12:26 PM, Christopher Brewster wrote:

> I just updated the Latex bundle according to the instruction for
> bundle updating in the help file.
> Now the cmd-{ function does not work.
> Also it cannot find TeXniscope:
> /bin/bash: line 60: find_app: command not found Error locating
> external viewer: TeXniscope

The problem is likely that you have not updated the global support
directory. You would need to check that out as well I think. It is
under: http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Support/
And of course as Mark said, you should only be doing this if you
haven't checked these things out before. Otherwise, you should be
doing an “svn up”.

It might be possible that you now have two different LaTeX language
grammars in your computer. Check the language popup and see. Also do
a ctrl-shift-P to se the scope in a LaTeX document. The basic scope
should now be text.tex.latex

If you have customized any of these commands, then you might have to
remove/edit those customizations. If you open the Bundle editor and
look at the "Environment Based on Current Word" command what does it
show as "Scope Selector"? We've recently just renamed everything, so
while before the scope for all LaTeX commands was text.latex, now it
is text.tex.latex.   (There were very good reasons for this change).
So those command will possibly have to be changed if they have local
modifications, depending on when those local modifications were made.

> The shell variable TM_LATEX_VIEWER is correctly set.
>
> All this worked fine until a moment ago.
> What has happened?
> I issued the commands:
> christopher-brewsters-computer:/Library/Application Support/
> TextMate/Bundles kiffer$ svn --username anon --password anon co
> http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle
>
> Christopher

> Natural Language Processing Group,
> Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield

Haris