[TxMt] MultiMarkdown Preview

Soryu Soryu at serenity.de
Tue Sep 19 00:23:31 UTC 2006

> I hadn't even noticed since I mostly work with MultiMarkdown
> documents. Would it be possible to apply the CSS to the
> MultiMarkdwon preview?

Hey Mark,

I didn't commit the Styling to the MultiMarkdown Preview because I
often use “Format: complete“ and ”Stylesheet” Meta Data in my
MultiMarkdown Documents, at least those for publishing on the web.
For all day files I use the original Markdown, because I don't need
Footnotes and References there.
Using of said Meta Tags will produce a full blown XHTML document and
wrapping another HTML Header/Body/Stylesheet thing around this might
just destroy the whole preview (I tested it once now and it looked
ok, but the thing is damn invalid).

For that case I did the “Generate Preview and Open in Browser”
command, though. So we'd just have to educate the people to use the
Preview for simple things and the Generate… command for more serious
documents.

That said, I'm committing the styled Preview now. If anyone cannot
follow my reasoning, feel free to roll it back. Maybe we could do
some detection of the Meta Tags and switch our behaviour based on
that. Should be pretty easy even for they are at the very beginning
of the file. I will give it a shot later, gotta hit the bed now.

Have a nice day,
Soryu.