[TxMt] Latex + preview question

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Fri Sep 15 21:22:29 UTC 2006

On Sep 15, 2006, at 3:19 PM, Christopher Brewster wrote:
> When I press apple button+R to typeset and view,
> I get transferred to the Preview window but it does not show me the
> current pdf
> only the previous one.
> Is there someway to correct this so that it refreshes the pdf it is
> displaying?

Do you mean that it will not refresh the pdf after changes have
happened to it and you have recompiled, or that if you compile a
completely different file? If it is the former, then it is
Preview.app's fault, and the only solutions I can think of would
involve using AppleScript and slightly hacking Preview.app to allow
AppleScript to drive it.

I would suggest using a different previewer, and in particular
TeXniscope. Or you could use the TeXShop previewer, though that does
not do pdfsync with TextMate (to my knowledge).

If the problem is that it will not show you a completely different
file, then this is unexpected behavior and we can see what steps to
take to troubleshoot it.
> Thanks,
> Christopher

Haris