[TxMt] Large projects?

Bob Sidebotham bob.sidebotham at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 19:01:18 UTC 2006

I would like to be able to use Textmate with very large directory trees. I
have a tree that has well over 100,000 files in it, and when I try to open
the top-level directory, I get the spinning beach ball. I end up having to
terminate Textmate, losing any other open sessions.

The behavior I'd like is for Textmate to only look at the top level
directory, and to browse into lower level directories as I open them. I
*think* that it is actually trying to read in the entire directory tree, but
this is not a good idea in this case (my file system also happens to be NFS
mounted).

Any chance of supporting this in the future?

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,
Bob