[TxMt] Abysmal typing speed problems with LaTeX and spellchecking

Christian Bogen christian.bogen at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 11 14:28:22 UTC 2006

Am 11.09.2006 um 15:53 schrieb Allan Odgaard:

> When you edit a line, TextMate runs the entire line through the
> spell checker. So the only thing which should affect the speed is
> the length of the current line, not the document.
>
> Does a line with just a few word also see the problem?

Indeed, it clearly seems to be a line length problem. Is there
anything that can be done about that? (Apart from working without
"live" spell checking ...? :)

Seems to be a TM problem, and it also happens without any syntax
highlighting (ie. manually switched to "Plain Text"). If I post the
same text in WriteRoom (for example) I can edit even the longest
paragraphs without any noticeable delay (with spell checking).

Christian