[TxMt] Bug: minor - Install 'Edit in TextMate' command fails

Andrew Durdin adurdin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 10:01:38 UTC 2006

Minor bug report:

In my .bash_profile I have GREP_OPTIONS=-Hn so that the output from
grep always includes the file name and line number (more often than
not I'm searching multiple files).

However, this caused the "Install 'Edit in TextMate'" command to fail, saying:

Error
The input manager ((standard
input):2:/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/Edit in
TextMate) was not found in the TextMate application bundle.
You may need a newer version of TextMate.

Once I realised the source of the error, working around was
straightforward; if you think it needs fixing, the simplest way is
probably just to change the first line of the script in the plist
from:

SRC="$(ps -xwwp $PPID -o command|grep TextMate.app|perl -pe
's/(.*?.app).*/\1/')/Contents/Resources/Edit in TextMate"

to:

SRC="$(ps -xwwp $PPID -o command|GREP_OPTIONS= grep TextMate.app|perl
-pe 's/(.*?.app).*/\1/')/Contents/Resources/Edit in TextMate"

Cheers,

Andrew