[TxMt] subversion bundle, handling SSL keys with passwords

Chris Rose chris at offlineblog.com
Mon Sep 4 22:49:08 UTC 2006

On 9/4/06, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:
> On 3/9/2006, at 15:41, Chris Rose wrote:
>
> > [...] right now in the svn info output, there are six requests for
> > the password.
>
> I am curious, if this is key-based authorization, why does it prompt
> for a password? Is this the pass phrase used to decrypt the locally
> stored private key? If so, a workaround would likely be to not have
> your private key encrypted -- for machines where you are the (only)
> system administrator, this should be safe.

That's the case, alright, and I suppose I could remove the password
from the local key, for this one machine, but securing keys
(especially ones that provide access to critical resources like my
source repository) strikes me as a good idea, and one that should be
supported.

I'll look into the expect scripting, to see if I can provide the password there.

--
Chris R.
======