[TxMt] subversion bundle, handling SSL keys with passwords

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Sep 4 19:44:49 UTC 2006

On 3/9/2006, at 15:41, Chris Rose wrote:

> [...] right now in the svn info output, there are six requests for
> the password.

I am curious, if this is key-based authorization, why does it prompt
for a password? Is this the pass phrase used to decrypt the locally
stored private key? If so, a workaround would likely be to not have
your private key encrypted -- for machines where you are the (only)
system administrator, this should be safe.

> [...] I'm certainly willing to code the solution myself, if needs be.

The actions in the Subversion bundle are all calling the svn
executable and parsing the output. The commands would need to parse
the request for the password, use something like CocoaDialog to
prompt the user, and then give that back to svn.

While I imagine such thing would be fragile, it should be possible.