[TxMt] Custom Changes

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Tue Oct 31 20:55:26 UTC 2006

On Oct 31, 2006, at 3:08 PM, Daniel Stockman wrote:

>> I'm trying to make some changes to the Language without losing the
>> ability to get updates (to the language).
>
> As described in the manual, your changes to the default bundles
> will be
> saved as a tmDelta (a diff file, basically) in ~/Library/Application\
> Support/TextMate/Bundles, and won't affect the ability to update the
> bundle in future versions.

This works for Snippets and things, but I'm not sure if it works for
the Language grammars themselves. I had a similar question in August
and Allan said:

> As for the delta files: these do not have the granularity of
> storing only changes to single rules, as that can’t be merged
> without potential conflicts when the default grammar is updated.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I've taken to trashing my delta for
the PHP grammar and re-doing my customizations each time I suspect it
might have been updated. Obviously, I would like someone to tell me
I'm wrong here. :)

Rob