[TxMt] Python exceptions

Norman Lorrain normanlorrain at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 00:19:18 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm really enjoying TextMate.  Thanks all.

I have trouble reading the output when I run a Python script.  Here's
what I see:

Python 2.5.0 - PyMate r3226

For comments contact the author.
The regular Python interpreter can be invoked using ⌘⇧R.

>>> mpeg.py

: (2, 'No such file or directory')
Traceback:
function     in mpeg.py at line 249
function getparams     in mpeg.py at line 243

Is there a way to get a full traceback where the exception class is
printed? e.g. when I run from a terminal I get:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/norman/Code/cnuploader/audio/mpeg.py", line 249, in <module>
    print getparams('../../../audio/mono.mp3')
  File "/Users/norman/Code/cnuploader/audio/mpeg.py", line 243, in getparams
    raise e
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '../../../audio/mono.mp3'

It would also be nice if all the line numbers were hyperlinked.  In
this example only the last one is.

Thanks.