[TxMt] tm_dialog: question about the return value of a TextField

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Mon Oct 30 11:56:40 UTC 2006

Hi,

> Everything is fine except there is no return for the TextField.
> Only my checkboxes appears.
> If I add a second TextField to the nib then the value of the FISRT
> TextField is returned but unquoted.

(Forget my stupid question about quotes, please ;) )

I also realized that there is a different behavior for 'select all'
the content within the TextField. If I select the content of that
TextField then it will be outputted if not nothing appears.

So I did the following:
Add a NSbutton with a keyboard shortcut for 'RETURN' and binds it to
performClose. If I fill the TextFields and press RETRUN then I see
the result.

NEXT PROBLEM:
Then I tried to use tm_dialog within a Bundle's command but I didn't
find a way to do this properly.

If I write e.g.:

DIA=$(tm_dialog -cm my.nib)

the dialog comes up but I have no chance to select anything?? and the
return is (NULL)

If I don't use the modal flag then I even cannot close the dialog at
all. The only way is from Terminal to kill this process ??

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Hans