[TxMt] Intelligent Tag Macro

marios tmtxpstuff at consking.com
Sat Oct 28 00:33:37 UTC 2006

marios wrote:
>>> I had a specific need for a snippet, that would have current word (with
>>> fall back to selected text) to generate either a container tag or a
>>> single tag, depending on whether the ending forward slash was removed in
>>> the tab stop variable or not.
>>> I use this for the TXP bundle to generate a plugin tag, since those tags
>>>
>>> would not get matched by the insert open/close tag command, (ctrl shift
>>> <) since it is impossible to know about all of them.
>>>
>>> It uses the following snippet(with capture register 1 to decide weather
>>> the closing container tag should be inserted or not :
>>>
>>> tag="${TM_CURRENT_WORD:-TM_SELECTED_TEXT}"
>>> tags="<txp:\${1:$tag}\${2: />}\$3\${2/ \/>|(.+)/(?1:<\/txp\:$tag> )/}"
>>> echo "$tags"
>>>

> Ok, wrong thinking, since there isn't such and example in HTML.
> This version has attributes, and ommitts the first tab stop which isn't
> necessary anyway. So it looks like this now:
>

> dtag="permlink"
> tag="${TM_CURRENT_WORD:-$TM_SELECTED_TEXT}"
> ctag="${tag:-$dtag}"
> tags="<txp:$ctag\${1: insert=\"\${2:0}\"}\${3: />}\$4\${3/
> \/>|(.+)/(?1:<\/txp\:$ctag> )/}"
> ptags="<txp:$ctag\${1: />}\$2\${1/ \/>|(.+)/(?1:<\/txp\:$ctag> )/}"
> if [[ $ctag = "permlink" ]]; then
> 	echo "$ptags"
> 	else echo "$tags"
> fi
>
> Even better though, it now handles three different initial cases:
>
> 1)The tag name was typed, but there was no selection.
> 2)The tag name was typed and selected
> 3)There was no selection and nothing was typed,
>
> Then in the latter case, this will insert a TXP Permlink Tag and once
> again it is possible to decide, whether one wants to insert a wrapper or
> a single tag.
> The Macro on top of the command was necessary in this case, to ged rid
> of the Current word, that was typed.

Unfortunately, that hits on a certain limitation.
It will fail in certain circumstances, that is.
That is, because TM will match whitespace characters and the starting
brackets of HTML tags as Current word as well.

I did some ctrl W on such arbitrary strings, to verify this, and this
occurs to happen even on lines, that only have white-space characters.

I wonder, if this is expected behavior, however I managed to get around
this with some replacement patterns on the variables.
This works, but not if I trigger the macro in front of another Tag.
Then in this case, it will pull in the starting bracket of the following
tag and take that as Current word and thus spoil the empty Current word
variable.

regards, marios