[TxMt] RubyMate reporting of Ruby errors florfed by HTML trouble?

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Fri Oct 27 15:12:12 UTC 2006

>From the Terminal:

matt-neuburgs-imac-g5:~ mattneub$ ruby -e "Object.new.hello"
-e:1: undefined method `hello' for #<Object:0x3257bc> (NoMethodError)

Very good. Now let's try it in TextMate. Make a TextMate doc, set it to
Ruby, put Object.new.hello into it, and run it. The RubyMate window appears
and says:

NoMethodError: undefined method 'hello' for #

I'm guess that the loss of <Object:xxx> is because of an HTML problem. Hmmm,
I suppose I *could* try to fix this instead of just talking about it. :)
Anyway, a fix would be nice to have. Thx - m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!