[TxMt] Textmate widget & bundle

Andy Herbert andy.herbert at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 17:20:00 UTC 2006

On 22 Oct 2006, at 14:45, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> A few things I noticed when watching the screencast:
>
>   * Probably when creating a widget from within TextMate, it should
> prompt the user for a name, since you always want to provide one
> (and if not,
> it’s just return with the default), which is less work than that
> click the ‘i’ + edit + click done.
>   * Menu titles should be Capitalized. So Create Widget From
> Document (yeah, I would shorten the action descriptions as well)
>   * Widget as a bundle name is maybe a tad ambiguous -- how about
> Widget Factory or some such.

I agree with the labeling part, I've fixed the whole creation process
so you don't have to leave the keyboard to label a widget, when
creation is called from Textmate, the widget appears and the whole
text input box is selected so you can immediately type in the name
without using the mouse. I've also detected enter/return being
pressed, so when it is the widget flips back around.

I notice now that all the other bundles have the capitalization rule
you've described, I've fixed this in the bundle, as well as giving it
a more descriptive name - Widget Creator.

As I mentioned in my other post to Thomas, I've updated http://
homepage.mac.com/andy.herbert/Widget.tmbundle.zip to include all the
changes I've mentioned. Thanks for showing an interest.

> Can I link to your screencast from my blog?

Sure, no problem