[TxMt] Re: Latex: completion with esc not working

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Fri Oct 20 17:11:23 UTC 2006

On Oct 20, 2006, at 12:24 PM, guerom00 wrote:

> Addentum 2 : just reinstalled the LaTeX bundle.
> the default scope is now text.tex.latex instead of
> text.latex ??!!

Yes, there were a number of very good technical reasons to do so,
chief among them being that latex should indeed inherit from tex.
This way, you can use text.tex to target all tex flavors, like LaTeX,
ConTeXt etc.

The release notes mention the change btw. (Yes I know, not everyone
reads the release notes ;) )

> That might cause problems with custom commands…

Yes I'm afraid so, you'll have to change the scopes of your custom
commands from text.latex to text.tex.latex, or text.tex if you think
your command is not restricted to latex exclusively. Rest assured,
that this is not something likely to happen again. We knew it would
inconvenience some users, but it was something that needed to be
done. It should have been done all along when these scopes were first
created.
There were a couple of other slight scope changes that could cause
problems, namely the scope for citations is now meta.citation.latex.
So I would suggest checking all custom commands to make sure their
scope selectors are what they should be,  based on where those
commands are supposed to be triggered.

Haris